Question
Posted by: dawn | 2007/08/17

why do x's contact x's

my question is why do x's contact their x's when the x has moved on with their lives? is it because they have not gotten over the x? is it because they really and truly still think about that person and what they had? in alot of cases an x will phone an x and ask how they are yet they have not seen the x or interacted with them in years so why would it matter to them. why does an x contact an x when they are also meant to be involved and apparently happy in a relationship.

Obviously nobody has properly studied this issue, but I'd suspect that it's the x who hasn't moved on successfully who contacts his/her x, having not gotten over it. But even leaving aside x's, don't we all at times get reminded of an old pal we haven't contacted for many years, and feel like calling them up to see how they are ?

5
Posted by: Crimsonkc | 2007/08/17

I remain friends with all my ex's purely because I feel it is not necessary to shun someone because a relationship did not work. I think it is childish to ignore someone who you were involved with. You are only kidding yourself by going around carrying on as if the person does not exist.

Reply to Crimsonkc
Posted by: agree | 2007/08/17

well it seems like you have never been inlove

Reply to agree

I have been divorced from my Ex for over thirty years but we still phone each other on our birthdays and chat for a few minutes. BWe both have remarried years ago.

Posted by: dawn | 2007/08/17

i hear what you are saying and it confirms what i thought but for me maybe i am heartless but the past is the past and quite frankly i dont give a second thought to them. honestly over time you dont even think about the good times. i just feel that if you are truly happy with you life currently and are truly committed to your current relationship it would make no difference where what and how of the other person. people need to truly move on and get over stuff but again maybe i am too hard.

Reply to dawn
Posted by: agree | 2007/08/17

I agree with CS, you can't just erase someone from your mind, as much as you have moved on the fact is that you were once inlove with that person, you know you shared some beautiful things! You got intimate with them - so how is it possible to just forget about them like that? even if they've hurt you, but at some point you were attracted to them isn't it? and those are the things that'll make you think of them

Reply to agree