Question
Posted by: Jenny | 2004/10/18

Why do we exist?

Why are we here? Why do we live? What's it all for? We work, go home, eat, bath, sleep and start the same thing over again. Years later we get old and then we ..... die!!!! Why do we exist? What's the purpose of all of this? The sadness, tears, heartache!! The universe goes on indefinitely and we are just specs of nothing in this vast ocean of space - nothingness. Zillions of stars out there and small little earth that we inhabit. I am scared!

An excellent answer from Shaun, and I agree with it.

3
Posted by: Susan | 2004/10/18

EK voel presies soos jy. Dis partymaal asof dinge te veel word en jy weet nie watter kant toe nie. Hoekom moet die lewe so ingewikkeld wees. Ek werk met kleintjies van verskillende ouderdomme en hulle kan 'n hand vol wees. Gelukkig is dit ook 'n fase waardeer 'n mens gaan, ek sukkel om die nut van my bestaan te verstaan van my hoërskool dae, maar as ek in die oë van die kinders kyk en sien wat ek vir hulle beteken dan weet ek dat daar tog 'n doel moet wees al twyfel ek ook gereeld daarin. Kry vir jou 'n stokperdjie, of kuier net saam met 'n vriendin, ontspan 'n bietjie dit sal jou goed doen.

Reply to Susan
Posted by: blackbird | 2004/10/18

to pay tax ?????

Reply to blackbird
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/18

Hi Jenny,

Why/what are you scared of Jenny??? Do you think that if you knew the answers to your questions it would make a difference? Those are really big questions that I'm sure you'd give you rather differing opinions from everyone.
Would you not think that instead of trying to find your answers, you could maybe concentrate on the here & now. Yes, maybe in its own way the things you do daily have become a kinda routine. But it doesn't mean to say there's no reason for it.
I would say you need to find something that allows you a diversion from the routine every now & then. Have you read Jasmine's posting to BT? You shoud, her words make a lot of sense.
All the feelings you have right now are signs alone that you're ALIVE!!! So what if we grow old die, everybody dies eventually. I don't think it's dying that we need worry about, but living, making difference, seeing the world, sharing our thoughts, making friends...
Know that it's that one speck in that vast ocean of space that has the potential to make you go blind. Everything, as small as it is, makes a difference. Be assured in it's existance.
I don't think you should worry yourself too much about the impending death of things, coz that means knowing the future, & I honestly don't think anyone has the capability of foreseeing the future.
Again, I'll say that I feel you should concentrate on the here & now. If you want the future to be the way you want, then you do things now to try & make sure that your future is what you hope it might be...
Take each day as it is... A new day!!!

Please keep in touch, & I sincerely hope you feel better Jenny.

Cheers,
Shaun

Reply to Shaun