Question
Posted by: GLENDA | 2003/12/15

Why do people always walk behind?

I find that people always land up walking behind me when we are walking around for eg in the mall. When I slow down to walk next to them they slow down and still walk behind. This happens all the time. We will be talking and laughing but they remain at the back. Why do people do this? My sister and my dad do it all the time along with some of my friends. I dont get it?

Maybe you're just a natural-born leader ? The space issue makes some sense, and some folks just prefer others to lead the way. Have you asked your sister and dad, et al., about why they do this ?

4
Posted by: gasguy | 2003/12/17

i KNOW why. You keep stoping and looking in windows and they keep walking ending up leaving you behind. Its easier to walk behind so we can see what you are doing. Women in malls are so unpredictable you have to walk behind and keep your eye on them otherwise you have lost them in minutes. Nothing psycological here.

Reply to gasguy
Posted by: GLENDA | 2003/12/15

I understand the space issue - so other shoppers can pass. But I have tried to be the one to walk at the back and there is just no way. They always find there way behind me??

Reply to GLENDA
Posted by: Mona | 2003/12/15

Ha ha, good one Paul!

If you all walk next to each other, there wont be space for other shoppers to get pass you.....

Reply to Mona
Posted by: Paul | 2003/12/15

Maybe you have a profoundly admirable posterior?

Reply to Paul