Question
Posted by: grumpy | 2007/11/26

why do men get grumpy

why do men get grumpy. I just cannot help it. And every time I take it out on my wife. Snapping at her very unneccesary. I get irretated for no reason and when she ask me what is wrong I don;t know what to answer her, so I get grumpy and irretated all over again. Any help?

Expert ImageArchive

Good afternoon Grumpy

Both men and women get grumpy, but many men don't realise that this could be due to a number of things. Our testosterone levels could be responsible and so could depression. check out www.theirritablemale.com . There is a superb male depression questionnaire to complete and the irritable male questionniare on line. You may also want to get hold of Jed Diamond's book entitled "the Irritable Male Syndrome".

We often take our frustrations out on those closest to us, and although the cliche "you hurt the ones you love" is true, it is not fair on them.

Have a look at that site and www.menalive.com

Mike Lacey-Smith
Life Coach for Men

1
Posted by: -|||- | 2007/11/26

Well the first step you've taken is a million miles on from where most people will ever get in life. You are man enough to admit that you are not always fair to those around you and you want to change it. Hats off to you. Problem is that you still do not know what triggers it. Finding out is not fun - that's why most people leave it be - it's too much of a painful excercise, but I can assure you the rewards are great. My wife had to divorce me for me to get to the realisation what a complete *rsehole I've been at times. Not implying that you are an *rsehole, but do not let this carry on to the point where your loved ones regret staying with you under one roof.

Why don't you post on the Cybershrink forum for some advice ? Ultimately I'd think that you will need to see someone professional to help you work through all of this. Best of luck.

Reply to -|||-