Question
Posted by: Suzy | 2019/08/23

Do not feel pleasure while getting pleasured

So, I have this problem whereby I will get turned on (I know I am because I would be wet in my nether region), however, I don't seem to register it in my head and cannot fully get into the whole sexual situation. I will go from being extremely horny and will be sexually frustrated but cannot seem to properly engage in sexual activities - my mind always seems to stray elsewhere while things are happening - and as I said before, even if I am wet I do not feel turned on or it doesn't register in my head and I do not feel the sensations in my body. Please help me figure out what is wrong with me !?

Expert ImageSex expert
- 2019/09/03

Hi. For some reason it seems that you are disconnecting from your mind when you engage in sexual activity. This can be happening for so many reasons: past sexual abuse, religious upbringing, social or cultural norms that are anti-sex, Attention Deficit Disorder, or anxiety.

Certain medications can also create sensations in your body akin to sexual arousal without you being psychologically involved in the sexual experience.

If you feel you require therapeutic assistance to explore this further, please contact me via despina@drlearmonth.com.