Question
Posted by: sarah | 2020/10/16

Bipolar and depression issues

when someone dies that is really close to me i get depressed when my bypolore flares up i also withj it a anger issue

- 2020/10/16

Hello Sarah,
There could be several things going on here. If one has a Bipolar Disorder, many factors, including chemical changes we don't notice in themselves, can swing our mood up into a manic phase, or down into a depressive phase. But apart from that, experiencing the death of someone close to you is awful for anyone, and worse for some of us. Bereavement is really difficult, and what we call Grief Work is hard work. Similar to but not quite identical to depression. And it takes time : even though it may improve a bit in the early months, it usually takes nine months to a year for most of us to recover from the severe stages of grief.  You move from remembering the person you loved, with pain, to remembering them with happy, gladness that you knew them.