Question
Posted by: Vuyiswa | 2005/12/02

why do i grow hairs on my body

I am in a small town where we have only one gynae so getting second opinion means traveling.
My problem is I have been on 2 pap smears – the first results came back inconclusive and doc said I must come back in 6months, I went back and he did another one and his receiptionist called and told me to come back in 6months again because the test showed some abnormal cells but its nothing to worry about! I had a laparascopy early this year and they found a cyst but it was too small they couldn’t do anything about it, now this is month my period is 7 days late and I am not preggies, and I have this pain on my left ovary or lower left abdomen and I noticed that I am developing hairs on my body and some ‘seriuos’ pimples on my face. Could it be the cyst is bigger or its something worse?

What could this be?

Your symptoms sound like PCOS. Hormone levels can be done to confirm this.
The pap smear sounds like LSIL, which means a low grade abnormaility which needs to be watched but does not need treatment yet.

1
Posted by: Jo | 2005/12/02

question are all the cyst small? like a string of pearls.
Do you have a regular cycle?
I would ask the gynae to do blood test and check if you are ovulating? and Your lnsulin levels.
Sound like PCOS ( Polycytic ovarian snydrom) But have the test first
It is treatable it only mean you dont ovulate

Reply to Jo