Question
Posted by: LOW SELF-ESTEEM | 2004/01/29

WHY DO I BASE MY WORTH ON MALE APPROVAL?

I am a very attractive young woman and I seem to be fixated on impressing men and gaining attention by dressing attractively and 'stroking' their ego's. To the outside world I am bubbly and outgoing, but on the inside I am screaming for acceptance and I am very insecure. I have latched onto various relationships which have been sour and bad for me. How can I learn to realise that I can be happy on my own and nobody can make me feel happy? I need to focus on my studies too. pls help

As an attractive woman and skilled ego-stroker, you have found that this method is so easy as to provide worthless results. That method NEVER produces acceptance, and can make it harder to achieve. "Relationships" based on such techniques, are usually shallow, anfail to meet what you really need. See a counsellor to work on your issues like self-esteem and acceptance. It'll really help

3
Posted by: P | 2004/01/29

Just a thought - Look at how your father treated you (or not) - possibly that is where this all started????

Reply to P
Posted by: Bee | 2004/01/29

We all have our weaknesses as long as you are able to hide it. Because if you show your low self esteem poeple will step on your head.

Reply to Bee
Posted by: Gotcha | 2004/01/29

You sound just like my x, stop trying to impress people and be yourself, be happy. Focus on yourself and what you want. You will meet someone that you don't need to impress, just give him attention.

Reply to Gotcha