Posted by: Depressd | 2008/07/16

Why do guys sterotype overweight girls?

Im not obese just slightly over weight have tried to loose the weight but have been this way for a long time. Im happy & content with who I am I do have a boyfriend who loves the way I look but Im just curious because at times people look at me & sigh as if to say O you a fat girl which makes me feel less than a person. At times I dress well & I do get compliments & alot of guys do look at me as if Im cute well I think I am. Why do guys think girls that are slightly over weight are unattractive?????

Posted by: Me | 2008/07/16

i know it could be or it is uncomfortable, but it's different strokes for different folks. How many women do you know that are obese or overweight that are married? if their husbands didn't think much of them, they would have left a long time ago. I have self confidence and i do want to loose weight for health reasons only - there is nothing that a thin person can do in bed that i can't do and the only reason i don't date fat men is because i am fat myself so i don't see us being good in bed together, but then again how many couples are overweight and inlove? These are some of the things that make the world go round...

Reply to Me
Posted by: ? Thin girl | 2008/07/16

Dear Depressed,

Girl, its natural for a man to think that way. The first thing anyone notice when meeting you for the first time is your appearance. Sure it is judgemental as they are quite unaware of all your talents. We owe it to ourselves to have a positive body image. I'm not thin either but have such an active lifestyle which allows met to have a positive body image. I can now love myself and feel attractive though I'm not skinny. People sense when you live your life instead of just existing. You owe it to yourself to look and feel the best you can be.

Reply to ? Thin girl
Posted by: a-"nonnie" | 2008/07/16

I am overweight and I use to think like you did. I put this down to the fact that i myself never dated anyone who's fat. All the men in my life have been thin or normal maybe a little boep but never ever grossly fat or just fat.

The other day i went on a date with a very fat man. And for the first time in my life I realized WHY men think the way they do.

Yes I also dress well, do my naels and hair and and.....the man I then dated was also clean shaven and and and he must think the same.

Problems I thought of for the first time in my life were the following:

a.) imagine having sex with this man - he'll lie on me and i'll smother
b.) imagine having sex with this man - how long will he be able to do push ups before he's out of breath?
c.) he won't be able to run outside and play like i do with my child he'll get tired to quickly.
d.) same for going out walking.
e.) when i phone him he's always LYING DOWN in front of the tv or LYING DOWN with a book (very inactive) - hence I suppose the reason for being so fat.

and so forth - I hope you get the picture.

Sorry if I hurt you.

Reply to a-"nonnie"