Question
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2004/11/02

Why do Ex's think they must interfere

Hi there,
Why is it that the ex's in a marriage gone sour think they can interfere in their ex's relationships, jobs, family, etc. It doesn't make sense to me, they did not get along but yet feel they can interfere. The bf's ex-wife was contacted by his people he worked with, she sent him a snotty sms. His work people (also ex) know about our relationship, if they wanted to say anything, it should be directed at me, not her, she doesn't play a role in his life except to be the mother of his child, no more no less and she wants to tell him what to do, the cheek.
You know, his sister did the same, when she was in a bad mood she took in out on him, then called the ex and told her she wants nothing to do with her brother and the ex must take his son to her, etc.
Are these people nuts or am I missing something. I have a sense of impending doom here, like something is about to happen, more than has and the rollercoaster is going to tumble and I will be the looser again. What do I do, just ignore these people or tell them to not interfere, what would be the best approach, I tend to say what I think without thinking what I say.....

The world is full of people anxious to function in an advisory capacity ( I think Charlie Bown once said that ). But we are not obliged to take their advice. Let them squabble among themselves, you don't have to join in.

1
Posted by: Playa1 | 2004/11/02

Ek wens ek het geweet dan het ek my vrou se ex al lankaal m....toe gesteur maar niks werk nie.Die ex is maar altyd jaloers as daar 'n nuwe liefde is en dit gaan goed.Ek het nou al baie geleer maar nog nie genoeg om van die ex-file ontslae te raak nie,vat ek hom uit gaan ek tronk toe so ek het ook maar raad nodig.

Reply to Playa1