Question
Posted by: Elize | 2008/01/23

Why Child gets Spider bites so often

My daughter visits my mom quite frequently and in the first week of December, last week of December and second week of January got bitten by a spider while visiting.

By the bite marks it looks like it is the same type of spider. Luckily it is not a poisenous spider. We have cleaned the house and ensured that all insects are dead but it seems like this has not paid off as yet.

Please advise if there is something we can do to prevent it from happening again.

Dear Elize
It is rare for a child to get bitten by a spider so often, sometimes mosquito bites also causes these big (1-2cm)bumps, whitish in the centre with even blisters on it. ( I didn’t believe it until I saw it on my own child!!) Try Phenergan cream and Bactroban cream mixed, put on thick and stick a band-aid over it.