Question
Posted by: Jolly | 2005/01/05

why cant i do it???

Hi i am 23 years old and weigh 63-65kg i really want to get below 60 to at least about 55-60 i have tried everything but just nothing works, my body seems to enjoy jumping back to 63-65 on the scale i dont know please help me!

Dear Jolly
I can't really give you an opinion because you don't mention your height in metres so that I can calculate your BMI to see if you are overweight or not, and if your goal is realistic or not. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Tools' and work out your BMI. If it is between 18 and 25, then your weight is in the normal range and your body resists losing more weight. If your BMI is close to 18 or below, then you are making unreasonable demands on your body.

3
Posted by: Farrukh | 2005/01/06

Hi people, i am 23 years old, with 179 cm of height, and a WEIGHT of 96 KGs, i'm really worried about it, can anyone help please ???

Reply to Farrukh
Posted by: Jolly | 2005/01/06

Yes i am realistic about my weight loss ok maybe can do it to about 58 then i know i will look and feel much greater than i do now!, LOOK I HAVE 2 ROLLS AROUND MY WAIST, I DONT THINK THAT COULD BE UNREALISTIC DO YOU? Well i am 1.65m and my weight sits around waist and mostly my butt! So basically i feel short and stubby!!! But have an athletic build so i look like a rugby player!

Reply to Jolly
Posted by: J | 2005/01/05

Hi Jolly,

How tall are you?

I am 23 years and have the EXACT same problem!!! I weigh 64kgs and struggle to loose the final 1kgs or 2kgs! I am 1.76m and have a medium frame. My dietitian says that ounce your body has reached it's ideal weight, it is difficult and unhealthy to loose more. Are you realistic about your weight loss?

Be careful, look after yourself - you only have one body!

Reply to J