Question
Posted by: babyshoes | 2006/03/30

Why Can't I be Regular?

I had a period that I could time by the clock when I was younger, then got into a relationship and went on the pill for several years, no hassles. When I became single again, I decided to give my body a break and stopped the pill, I never got my period for 6 months. I went to the Gynea and he said I should go back onto the pill to kick start my system, I did and it came back but I spotted badly inbetween my periods. I then tried stopping again and again no period .. so I just went back on the pill, now I have a breakthrough bleed (prper bleed, not disharge) up to 3 times each month and then the period as well? What is wrong with me?

Sounds like there could be an underlying endocrine problem. You need a pelvic scan and some blood tests. Suggest seeing another gynae for a 2nd opinion