Question
Posted by: debbies | 2004/09/30

why are some people so cruel

ive known this lady friend for 1 and a half years and trusted her so much. we are in the same congregation and attend bible studies together.

she borrowed R300 from me last month on the 28th and promised to return it as soon as her salary is deposited, on the 30th of august. she gave me so many false promises.

at first she promised to deposit it on the 15th of september, but that did not happen. i went to her place and promised that she will bring the money on the 28 sept, because she took a loan. that was another big lie. she says her friend took her bankcard and stole her salary.

this really makes me angry, how can somebody betray me like this. at least, if it was robbed by a tsotsi on the street, the pain would have been better.

this morning i called her flatmate, she is kicking her out because she cant pay the rent money. also, according to the flatmate she is not working at all. she is nowhere to be found, but th e flatmate is waiting for her to come and collect his belongings. im very upset, please help

i thinking of going to her flat and collect her clothes. i will keep them until she brings my money. if she does not pay, then i will sell them. what other choice do i have?

If she says her friend took her bank card and stole her money, make her phone the police, right there in front of you, and lay criminal charges of theft against that friend. And tell her that if she does not repay the loan as she promised, you will lay criminal charges against her as well. The police can be called when she comes to collect her belongings. Lean from this not to be so trusting about lending money --- it so often ruins a friendship.

2
Posted by: debbies | 2004/09/30

im simply going to take her clothes and sell them. then, i will recover my R300. that will teach her a lesson not to mess with the sitting duck.

she has been moving from flat to flat because she cant pay the rent and usually tell lies that catches up with her. i heard the whole story today. now she owes her current flatmate R800

she is a disaster, that when her husband divorced her and took custody of the child, now it makes much sense

Reply to debbies
Posted by: lady nina | 2004/09/30

hi there

she is not cruel girl - it's pretty normal for some people to lie. cheat and betray others

and believe me you are a 'sitting duck" they can spot decent people a mile off

take this as a lesson to be learned - you can't trust anyone, you have to learn to read the signs and to decern the bad from the good

i think you paid a cheap price for a very important lesson
write the money off and forget about it, this was a lesson you had to learn or els you will be taken for a ride again and again again...

open your heart but keep your purse closed

nina

Reply to lady nina