Question
Posted by: Mikey | 2003/12/08

Why am I putting on weight

I am 30, 6.4ft and have always been relatively trim with an athletic body. However, in the last 6 months I have put on - not a lot- extra weight mainly around my midriif (lower stomach and sides). I gym 3 times a week and try to watch what I eat. I have started taking Pyruvate from herbology but not helping much. I used creatine about 2 mnths ago for 1 mnth. No matter what I do I cannot get my 6 pack back. Please try explain why and more importantly what I should do - should I replace the pyruvate for something else?
regards
Mikey

Expert ImageBodybuilding

Mikey,

I must say your situation is puzzling. Did you start eating differently? Training differently? Maybe your age has something to do with it.

Chat to Jacqui at the Sport Nutrition Forum-she may be able to advise you on the Pyruvate issue. As for the training side you may need to up your intensity levels of your training. By this I mean cardio as well as weights.

I know that Creatine does make people retain water-but that is more on the inter/intra-cellular level and not so much on the sub-cutaneous level.

You say you train 3-times a week-maybe you need to add one or two more days of cardio to your regimen.

Maybe you can post your training program on this forum and I can review it.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist