Posted by: smiley | 2005/01/07

Why am i in pain after sex?????

I've had sex a few times but after i have sex my vagina pains. I enjoy sex but now i am afraid to continue having sex because the pain causes me to work really funny. Please is there any advice for me. I need an expert opinion on why this happens and if it happens again what can i do to prevent it....

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

It is normal to have pain the first few time safter commencing intercourse. You could use KY jelly which may help. If it persists, you should see a gynaecologist to check whether your hymen has broken completely. If the pain is deep inside, you could have problems such as cysts.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: S'thololo | 2005/01/07

Hi Smiley i am also experiencing the same pain,but it starterd some few years ago when i was preggies with my 1st child,my gyne said it was acyst,then it was removed after the child was born,the pain did not go away,until i went for a second opinion before that iwent for the second operation they said is appendix.The second gyne removed the cyst again,but still the pain is still there.i think you must go and see the gyne,maybe they will do the scanning and see what is wrong.I 've tried but it did'nt work,i'm also asking for help to all the ladies to help us please.thank you and enjoy your weekend.

Reply to S'thololo
Posted by: Ang22 | 2005/01/07

Hi Smiley..
hope the new year is treating you well !!

Please Excuse my ignorance, What kind of pain do experience. and where exacly is the pain, Im asking because I used to have a pain after intercourse and after much deliberation and lower abdomen pain (and a few other symptoms) I was diagnosed with Endometriosis, I know that virginal pain is not the root cause or symptom for endometriosis but it could be a warning sign anyway Im
Just asking ...
But I think you should see Doc - gynae just to be safe !
Good Luck!

Reply to Ang22

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.