Question
Posted by: Jackadeejack | 2004/12/23

Why am I down?

ok.. so my english sucks(I know).. anyways:
Sometimes when I drink a bit (like 3 beers) I get kinda down (depressed). The other night I even thought of taking cat or speed or cut myself just because I was down.

The funny thing is thaI can get other people out of their missery (depro) but I cant get myself out.

The facts: I need a girl or just someone .. being lonely really sucks. Music cheers me up (or atleast rave does).

Analysis: I'm lonely, thats why I get depro.

Question: How can I get rid of this depro thing without necesarily getting a girl.. (a girl is alotta work and this thing is eating me so I need something fast) .
oh and by the way.. I'm 21.
Doc? Anyone?

Some of us are more sensitive to the effects of alcohol than others, and whatever else people imagine about it, alcohol is just a fast-acting Depressant of our nervous system. We only feel a bit merry at the start of getting drunk, because usually the first part of the brain it puts to sleep are the parts that control our conscience and wisdom !
And, as you already know, cat, speed or cutting don't help either, and usually will only complicate the situation.
You may be more likely to get a girl by not trying to get a girl. Make friends in general ; the more people you know, the more likely that they'll know a girl who will like you. Think of getting into clubs, gymns, churches, charities --- doing useful things with others helps you meet a better type of person, NOT when you're both under the influence of alcohol, and thus more likely to be genuine.
Beyond Tired has been there, and then some, so listen carefully to her advice, which is excellent here.

4
Posted by: Jackadeejack | 2004/12/23

You guys made my day. Thanks.

Reply to Jackadeejack
Posted by: Angel | 2004/12/23

Beyond Tired,

I hope u do the same as what u just wrote 2 Jackadeejack :)

Jackadeejack, my friend u r going 2 be just fine believe me and as Beyond Tired said alcohol is a no no and all the rest 2.

Go out make some friends I know the feeling of being lonely and all I did was I put my food down and got dressed and walked out of my house and made some friends and 2day I can say I smile again so go out and enjoy life it has so much to give it is there for u to take :)

Will think of u have a great Christmas and New year :)

Angel

Reply to Angel
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2004/12/23

Being lonely this time of year sucks. A girl now won't take away that lonely feeling, I believe it is just that time, so bear it out if possible. Remember any alcohol is a depressant so if possible stay away from it, talking out of experience. Have now been 5 weeks without a drink, still slightly depro but able to and willing to do things.

Find something you enjoy doing and spend some time on this, reading, painting, gardening, going for walks, spending time in nature and take the time to really look at what you are doing and enjoy it. Having someone in your life doesn't take away the loneliness, a repeat, because even being surrounded by people can leave one feeling lonely. Sorry if I am not being very positive myself here.

I sincerely hope you get out of the depro, don't take anything and don't cut yourself, it is only a temporary fix, I used to do it myself so believe me. You can do it, listen to rave and do whatever you enjoy. Do it for yourself.

Take Care.

Reply to Beyond Tired

What about making freinds?

This time of year doesn't help either.