Question
Posted by: Bee | 2004/01/06

Why am I always so cold?

I am always so cold, I wear a jersey to work every day as I sit under the airvent and our aircon is on all day. I have taped it up, but am still so cold. Even when at home and during the nights. I have always been like this, but seem to have noticed it more these last few months. It is summer and I live in Durban?!?!? What can I do etc.?

Bee, it might be that you have an under active thyroid, low blood pressure or low blood sugar. There are also a host of obscure disorders that might be to blame, but the above-mentioned are definitely the most common. The best would be to see your doctor and have him make sure that it isn’t due to something serious. Good luck.

2
Posted by: Suki | 2004/01/07

Try exercising more often. Yoga really helps to get the blood circulating, very useful as you may be cold due to poor circulation.

Reply to Suki
Posted by: Snoopy | 2004/01/06

You could perhaps try a hot bath/shower and a hi energy meal to start the day off.

Reply to Snoopy