Question
Posted by: reaching my limit | 2008/05/28

Why?

I saw this on Facebook and had to take a look and see for myself - why on earth is there a site for people like you on a health website? Is that at last an acknowledgment that you are all sickos? Over the last few years you people seem to be everywhere, even on TV and in magazines, making fools of yourselves and trying to take over everywhere and the biggest joke is that you have a so-called expert as well, an expert in what exactly I wonder? People can only have so much 'understanding' and tolerance and yet you guys carry on and on and on, always trying to claim the lime-light instead of trying to keep quiet about your stuff. And then you wonder why people get angry with you lot?

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi RML and a warm welcome to our forum. Perhaps we'll be able to help you overcome your prejudice against us while you're here so I'm hoping you'll enter into healthy debate.

Health24 is not only about physical or mental health - we also need to consider our collective social health. Sadly gay and lesbian people need to live in a heterosexist world characterised by homoprejudice - expressed by voices such as yours - which is often based on stereotypes, myth and blatant ignorance. Another example of prejudice is the recent spate of violence against foreign immigrants - many xenophobic people would be able to relate to your post if you substituted 'gay' for 'foreigner'.

The world is 99.9% heterosexual - indeed, the Health24 site is 99% heterosexual. And yet us "lot", as you refer to us, constitute between 5 and 10% of the general population.

I hope you'll engage in meaningful debate without being disrespectful and I look forward to seeing how others respond to you. Interestingly for you, in this space you're in the minority - something that gay and lesbian people experience on an ongoing basis in society.

18
Posted by: Deeve | 2008/05/29

Tell me then...is this posting not all about your hatred of Gays because of your own brother...??? If your story is 100% true, then take some advice here fellow, and go and get some help man. Therapy is the only way to deal with your 'baggage', and clear the air.
Coming here and airing your frustrations, is not going to make you happier, or allow you any better understanding of a community that haven't actually done you any wrong.
You have made hectic remarks about the need for this forum, and the Expert running it, yet you've failed to look at your own needs. One step back might allow you to see some of the huge imperfections in your own life. All that is going on here, is quiet little forum for people of the same walk in life. A place where we can find sanctuary and chat about whatever, without judgement, or the likes of what you've thrown at us today.
Please go think about things......nothing in this world is perfect, and neither are you my friend.
Wer'e all real sorry if you were subjected to bullying because of your brother, but at the same time, none of us are responsible for what happened to you. You need to go out there and make peace with those that hurt you...not take it out on us. Stop holding a grudge against those that you have never met, or know nothing about.
Rather hang around here, and make friends. Maybe then you'll grow to understand your brother, and learn to forgive those that did harm to your family....Regards.

Reply to Deeve
Posted by: Nikkits | 2008/05/29

Oh shame, bullied at school because YOUR brother .... ??

Why do I think you dont have a brother and that the brother is YOU!!

If the bullied you then your borther must have been one hell of huge guy, gay and all so they went for you not him?

Obviously this is a waste of time (He is gone he said) but e know better dont we ....... (he'll be back!!)

You are one really messed up puppy to come here with an INSULTING intro and then expect us to believe your sorry ass "story" .............

Are you still at school and still being bullied, why not come here and ASK FOR HELP buddy and you'd be surprised at the friends you can make here rather then enemies.

Next please .............

Nikkits

Reply to Nikkits
Posted by: Gareth | 2008/05/29

What amazes me is that he blames his brother for being bullied at school, actually hates his brother for it, not the actual bullies, and that he actually makes a statement like "Don't be so quick to throw stones" (what did he do in his very first post here?) If that is how he treats people I am not surprised that he was bullied. If you can hand them out, you have to be prepared to take them too...

Reply to Gareth
Posted by: Ferny | 2008/05/29

I find it interesting that you did not mention MUCH sooner that your older brother is gay.......???

All I can respond to that is that it is sad that you were bullied because of your brother's sexual orientation BUT to my way of thinking it should make you MORE sensitive to the difficulties faced by gay & lesbian persons.

If you had it so bad IMAGINE how hard it must have been & possibly still is for your gay brother???

Just my opinion & something to think about........

Ferny.

Reply to Ferny
Posted by: Apache_boy | 2008/05/28

Oops... the gay guy is in the wrong again and its all the gays fault

Reply to Apache_boy
Posted by: Aapche_boy | 2008/05/28

Good riddance...

Damn he comes in here and insults us and then when we defend ourselved and yes, maybe insult a bit back, he gets all injured and the str8 guy is in the wrong again... boohoohoo...

Sorry i am nasty... and this after the great mood i have been in and the great day i had...

:(

Reply to Aapche_boy
Posted by: Reaching my limit | 2008/05/28

And a last point and then I'm away from here - my older brother is gay and I was always bullied at school because of him. I always hated him for it. So don't be so quick to throw your stones.

Reply to Reaching my limit

Ok, so this is how you respond to a straight person who comes here then you all scream at the top of your lungs that you are persecuted. Even your so-called expert was friendlier than you lot and even he hoped for some debate but no. He did make one point though that got me thinking (not enough to change my mind about you though), if you lot were attacked by a mob like the foreigners have been in SA I would look past my attitudes and try to help you. I'm not sure I'd get the same response back from you but there you have it. We all have our prejudices.

Reply to reaching my limit
Posted by: Ferny | 2008/05/28

Yip Jack Horner I agree!!

Lets just step over the doggy poo & move on!!

He's not thefirst sicko we've had on here & he won't be the last!!

Ferny :-(

Reply to Ferny
Posted by: Jack Horner | 2008/05/28

i don't think having a friendly chat with an idiot like this will do anything to change his opinion. he has formed it and that's that. It's quite amazing that he can tell how a person speaks or what there speach impediment may be just from reading a post on here!!!! i could be his best buddy and he wouldn't have slightest idea that i am gay! don't waste your time one this guys, not worth the effort

Reply to Jack Horner
Posted by: Apache_boy | 2008/05/28

Please please!! I am begging you guys? May I slap him?? Please!! Oohh!! I would feel so much better!!

Reply to Apache_boy
Posted by: Nikkits | 2008/05/28

Limit

You had your say, you are insulting and just why are you here anyway ....??

Nikkits

Reply to Nikkits
Posted by: Gareth | 2008/05/28

Who's ranting dude? You were the drama queen that came here to rant.
Just tell me. What gives YOU more right to be who you are and open about it than me? Why should we be quiet?

And my friend, you are so extremely typical of YOUR homophobic kind. Probably with a beer boep as well (and secretly looking at gay porn or fantasising about it).
For your information, I am probably more manly than you and tall and muscled, so I'll probably kick your ass if I could.

You are making a fool of yourself here, I hope you realise that. Do you honestly think your pathetic little rant here is the first one we've had on here? You are providing us with some much needed entertainment.

Don't let what other people work you up so much, you'll die of a heart attack, and that for those people you loathe so much. So you don't like gays. That is just you. Not everyone is like you, and I am sure not everyone like what you do.

And you know, with all things in life, when people have such a strong inexplicable hate in something, it is usually an indication of something in themselves that they fear. We won't convert you don't worry. I'll let headoffice know to skip you.

And why are you not answering my question? How did you find a GAY facebook profile without specifically searching for it?

Reply to Gareth

Well Gareth, you are so typical - just because you don't like what I say you start ranting (probably with a lisp). And also so typical of your kind - you revert to sarcasm. And -wow, you seem a perfect specimen - your <sigh> is almost a caricature of your kind, did you roll your eyes, were your hands on your hips?

Reply to reaching my limit
Posted by: LONEWOLF | 2008/05/28

YAWN

Reply to LONEWOLF
Posted by: Nikkits | 2008/05/28

Hello you,

Here is informing you that you have reached your limited a long time ago.

Just exactly who is "YOU PEOPLE"? and just what part of health and sexuality dont you understand?

SO why are you looking at "US" on facebook and then come HERE and try and make us keep quiet.

You came to the WRONG forum looking for trouble, yet we invite you to stick around and LEARN something smart or go away.

Nikkits

Reply to Nikkits
Posted by: Gareth | 2008/05/28

How did you find the facebook link, surely you searched on gays...hmmm, some skeletons in the closet there' I'd say...

Reply to Gareth
Posted by: Gareth | 2008/05/28

"Sigh" here we go again.

You found us out! We are slowly taking over the world!!!
Just a note to you, helping you reach your limit even quicker: We have ALWAYS been everywhere, you were just too blind to notice.

The only sicko here is you my friend. I assume you also condone the xenophobia attacks thats happening, because if anyone is not like you, does not think like you, look like you, or act like you, they are the scum of the earth and should be done away with.

Now piss off and leave us alone. If you do not like the forum, then, easy, do not click on the link.

Reply to Gareth