Question
Posted by: FLAKE | 2008/02/04

why

i went on holidaty to thailand for the first time in 2006. i have since become addicted to the place. i went there four times last year. i dream about thailand every night and have this great urge to be there, its like going home. I have no leave left and am craving another trip there. sadly i cant live there as s africans can only go for one month at a time. why am i feeling these urges to be in a foreign place with a vastly different culture to mine. please help i think i am going nuts. waaaaaah i wanna go to thailand again, i have the money. im single but cant leave my job as i have been working here for 25 years and am 48 years old and no one will hire a 48 year old pale male.

We don't really recognize any form of Addiction to a place, such as you describe --- it sounds more like an obsession. And Thailand probably attracts you by being beautiful, exotic, and unattainable, because you really can't go and live there permanently. It'd probably be useful to see a CBT-style counsellor to help you feel more positive and confident right here, and to learn new ways to be happy here, and to capture some of the pleasures, here, that you have found in Thailand

1
Posted by: Mhh | 2008/02/04

You are lonely at 48 and still single?

Reply to Mhh