Question
Posted by: dotty | 2008/01/15

why?

My ex and I called it quits on the 27th Dec. I broke up with him 2 months earlier. I was over him and then he came back for closure. When someone doesnt want me, I want them. I know this is a trend with me. However, because he called it off in the end, I want him back. I dont know why, because I wasnt happy when I was with him and felt a huge relief when I ended it. But, I am in pain and hurting. I have met someone else that is really good to me and says all the right stuff. But how can I put this ex thing behind me?

OK, so you've recognized a recurrent theme / behaviour which causes problems --- see a good local counsellor to work on changing this unhelpful pattern. You know, from the sound of it, that you don't NEED him back, and that your wanting him is irrational and not useful. Remember how unhappy you were with him, and the sense of relief when you were rid of him.