Question
Posted by: GG | 2007/12/10

Why?

Dear SC,

I seem to be having moodswings, which I do not understand. This morning I came to work in a perfectly good mood (inspite of it being Monday) but now by 15hoo I am in a bad mood. The day at work has been normal, no extra stress or anything. I am 50 plus so I don't think it is PMS. But the smallest things seem to irretate me. Some days I start off in a bad mood and feel better later in the day. Is there a logical reason for this or am I just being an "old woman"! My doc says it is too early to put me on HRT.

Normal people's mood normally varies in the course of a day and week, sometimes for an obvious reason, and sometimes not. But the EXTENT of the mood swing is resonably modest, without becoming so profound or lasting so long as to seriosuly interfere with their ability to enjoy life, work, or relationships

2
Posted by: GG | 2007/12/11

Tango, probably stupid of me, but I am not sure where I am at re menopause. Doc has put me on antidepressant (Venlor XR). But I have not started on it yet, lack of money and medical aid is used up for this year. Also in two minds about taking such meds. I am worried about the side effects....

Reply to GG
Posted by: Tango | 2007/12/10

Where abouts are you re menapause? Pre, in menapause or post menapause? It can have quite a profound effect on your mood for no apparent reason. If its really bad and unpleasant for you and all around you - go onto an anti depressant. You will cope better. Better than hormone pills to stabilise mood.

Reply to Tango