Question
Posted by: Looking | 2005/12/12

WHY

Hi there people tell me y is it that slim average guys are attracted to muscular guys and y is it that muscular guys are only interested in muscular guys..ie body builders.. whats wrong with the rest off us???

i mean their bodies are great to look at but in the sack they are not so grand but slim ordinary guys on the other hand are great in the sack..

whats up with the guys in this world????????

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Looking and welcome to our forum.

You're referring to the concept of bodiliness - the emphasis on bodily features - in some elements of the gay male community. This shifts with time but currently there's a marked emphasis on a muscled or defined build. Sadly your body shape has the effect of determining your relative social and sexual value in some circles, irrespective of your personality, interests, morals or contribution to society.

Many years ago I wrote an article about what determined your relative value on the "gay stock exchange". I concluded that there were three primary shares, and one secondary share, being traded. 1) Bodiliness - what you look like. 2) Age - with higher value attributed to youth. 3) Materialistic - what car you drive and where you live, the objects you own. The secondary share - a combination of bodiliness and a material asset - was the size of your penis, which in some circles is also a material object. This was published in Gaytway. Not a very positive reflection on gay male society, I know.

5
Posted by: Donald | 2005/12/12

Most mscl guys I know r total bottoms - not even versatile - BOTTOMS, and just want to be indulged.

Reply to Donald
Posted by: looking | 2005/12/12

All well and understandable but does that give any person the right to hurt or disregard people once you find out that they are ordinary and average built... i know time spent in the gym but feelings or consideration? and yes its not only about the sack but some very well built guys are so full off them selves..

no offence body builders...

Reply to looking
Posted by: T | 2005/12/12

BY the way I am slim and not attracted to muscular guys, never have been. what turns me on is a guys face and his personality.

Reply to T
Posted by: Sexy | 2005/12/12

Oh, for the simple reason... I don`t spend 2 hours in the gym to get a guy with a flabby stomach or small arms in return.

Part of great sex, is being attracted to the other person.

Muscles attract, flab on the other hand....

Reply to Sexy
Posted by: T | 2005/12/12

hey why. its not about the sack, although important, its about emotional attachment.

Reply to T