Question
Posted by: MANGO | 2003/02/06

WHO'S FAT FREE MILK CONTAINS THE MOST CALCIUM?

I've been looking for a fat free milk that contains ADDED calcium. The average milk seems to contain about 120mg per 100ml. Is there milk out there that contains a good percentage more? I have spoken to Woolworth's dieticians and parmalot, non have given me a milk over 130mg. Spar's fat free milk contains 123mg. Is there something higher?

Dear Mango
I have not found such a product. If you drink a standard cup of 250-300 ml of milk then you will be ingesting 300- 360 mg of calcium in one sitting. This is a stunning amount - 3 glasses a day and you have your 1000 mg! You should just check in the supermarket under long-life milks, because at one time there was a milk with additional calcium, but it may not be available any more. To increase the calcium and protein content of the milk you could always add a few teaspoons of skimmed milk powder - this is a tip that we often use for patients on liquid diets or post-trauma diets.

1
Posted by: Babe | 2003/02/10

Hi there!

You can try Clover's Fat Free Milk, Or their Vitamin Enriched Fat Free Milk.

Reply to Babe