Question
Posted by: Bulldog | 2004/02/25

Who to take

One of my friends is getting married this weekend. The problem is - me and my ex grilfriend (4 weeks) where invited to the wedding. Today I received a mail from her asking if we are still going to the wedding. Meaning together.
We have been ignoring each other for the past week (completely, no calls, no sms, no mail nothing) and now all of a sudden this. The break up was from her side - she needed some space bla bla bla (new guy I think)

What must I do ?

Bulldog, let's see what other readers suggest --- this isn't really a psychological / psychiaric issue, but one of etiquette, I suppose. Surely on the whole you owe it to your friend to attend the wedding, for his/her sake, whether or not you go with your Ex. Couldn't you send her an email or phone her and simply say that you intend to attend, but as the two of you have broken up in the meantime, maybe it's best if you go separately ?

2
Posted by: Me | 2004/02/26

I think you should'nt go with her.Give her the space that she wants.Don't allow her to play you for a fool because if you did that to her she would definately not give you the time of day (atleast not so easily).So politely tell her that you are going to be at the wedding for your friend and its up to her if she wants to go or not.If you only have one card to enter the venue of the wedding then ask your friend to give you another one for yourself.This might teach her not to walk all over your feelings and get back when she feels like.And if she wants you back then think long and hard about it.It may not be about another guy but you know her better.

Another thing, being with her at a wedding will really make you vulnerable because of the mood and all.You might get disappointed if you want her back and she doesn't feel the same but then again if you both feel the same then it might be your lucky day too.

Reply to Me
Posted by: D.I.L | 2004/02/26

I think that you owe it to tyour friend to go, but do not go with your ex, rather go on your own seeing that you do not have a girlfriend. As far as the "needing space" issue goes... it is another guy that she needs it for. Save your self the heartache, pain and embarrasment and go on your own.

Reply to D.I.L