Question
Posted by: Uncertain | 2004/10/27

Who is??

I slept with this woman without a condom and dont recall any accidents.A week later she slept with another man,he used a condom but he got her a morning after pill,suppose they had a accident of some sorts.After 4 weeks of being late menstruating,she went to a gynaecologist. Without doing a scan he predicted that she was 7 weeks pregnant.We went to another gynae,she was then 10 weeks,and he did a scan and determined that she was only at 9weeks.According the second gynae I'm not the father.Who should I believe?The morning after pill,is it fail proof? I just need 2 be sure if I'm the father.

Having intercourse with two different men within a week would make it very difficult to tell who is the father just from the timing. She may have ovulated a few days later than expected and the ultrasound is only accurate to within 3-4 days. Your only way of knowing for sure is with a paternity test.

2
Posted by: Jelly | 2004/10/27

Another thing to remember in future is that if you dont want things like unwanted pregnancy you really need to take control of the contraceptive issue. You dont need to ejaculate to make someone pregnant - there is enough sperm in the pre ejactulation to take care of an unwanted pregnancy. Next time be wise and wear a condom - otherwise youre asking for it.

Reply to Jelly
Posted by: Sorry | 2004/10/27

Hi uncertain

Sorry about your dilemma, my advise to you is to sit back for a while and collect your thoughts, if the last gynae says she's 9 wks after having done the scan, as accurate as they are these days u r probably not the father. Do yourself one favour try to determine at what stage a partenity test can be done, without risking the life of the baby and go for that asap to put your mind at ease. In the meantime try not to worry yourself much about it, think about it, the whole thing is not necessarily about her pregnancy , but about having slept with the 2 of u in a short space of time, that on its own should help you to decide what to do with your relationship.

All the best!!!

Reply to Sorry