Posted by: Enigma | 2004/03/01

Who does the snip?

Hi Doc. Would like some more advice if you don't mind. I have decided to have my son sniped when he is born. Like to know if the doc that delivers the baby does it or would a pediatrician do it. My understanding is that a pediatrician has to be there with the delivery. Will this count as an extra procedure and covered by the medical aid or not?
Thanks for the advice.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Enigma, your paediatrician can do it for you, but I don’t know whether they will charge you extra for it or not. If they do, the medical aid will definitely not pay for it as there is no medical reason for a normal baby to have a circumcision. If there are no religious reasons for the circumcision, the best would be to just let it be. Good luck.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: doctors against circumcision | 2004/03/09

today that doctor will be reported to the authorities and the SAPS child protection unit. Enigma what is this penis foreskin fixation syndrome you suffer from ?

Reply to doctors against circumcision
Posted by: Nuffing | 2004/03/02

As far as I know it is charged separately, and is NOT covered by medical aid.

The gyn/ob doen't do it, you'd need to get a paed to do it.

Reply to Nuffing

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.