Question
Posted by: Enigma | 2004/03/01

Who does the snip?

Hi Doc. Would like some more advice if you don't mind. I have decided to have my son sniped when he is born. Like to know if the doc that delivers the baby does it or would a pediatrician do it. My understanding is that a pediatrician has to be there with the delivery. Will this count as an extra procedure and covered by the medical aid or not?
Thanks for the advice.

Enigma, your paediatrician can do it for you, but I don’t know whether they will charge you extra for it or not. If they do, the medical aid will definitely not pay for it as there is no medical reason for a normal baby to have a circumcision. If there are no religious reasons for the circumcision, the best would be to just let it be. Good luck.

2
Posted by: doctors against circumcision | 2004/03/09

today that doctor will be reported to the authorities and the SAPS child protection unit. Enigma what is this penis foreskin fixation syndrome you suffer from ?

Reply to doctors against circumcision
Posted by: Nuffing | 2004/03/02

As far as I know it is charged separately, and is NOT covered by medical aid.

The gyn/ob doen't do it, you'd need to get a paed to do it.

Reply to Nuffing