Question
Posted by: Linky | 2002/12/10

Who does estrogen effect weight lose?

I went to the doctor about a month ago and she told me that my estrogenic level is low and I will never lose weight. When I went yesterday the other doctor told me the lower my level the faster I will lose weight. Now I do not know which way.

Dear Linky
Female hormones do influence weight and taking the pill or HRT can cause weight gain, but not always. If your oestrogen levels are low, this could be an indication of an underlying condition which the first dr feel will prevent weight loss. Please check with the first dr what he/she meant by this pronouncement and what you can do to normalise your hormone levels. Once we know what is going on, we can do something about a diet.