Question
Posted by: Desperate baby | 2005/12/02

Who do I chose<br>Who do I chose

I wonder if any one can help me.
There are so many places offering IVF, how do you choose which one to go to. I've been for 2 unsuccesful treatments with the same doc already, but have been told different info from all different clinics.
Who and how do I choose?
Please help

Dear Desperate baby

As I have noted in a previous posting there is no independant auditing of fertility centres in South Africa. This is in stark contrast to some of the other leading fertility centres in the world where there is an independent body that oversees the results of the various fertility centres. It then becomes easier for one to choose a fertility centre based on its current performance. Unfortunately, in South Africa one has to rely on word of mouth referrals and also marketing strategies of the different fertility clinics becomes an issue. Many clinics claim various success rates but unfortunately from the reproductive societies point of view we a re unable to verify some of the claims.

1
Posted by: Snoekie | 2005/12/02

If you don't mind me asking - who is your doctor?

Reply to Snoekie