Question
Posted by: lizzy | 2005/01/04

white spots on skin

Hey doc,

I have these little white spots on my skin that looks like a white version of freckles. Is this due to a dietary supplement that I am lacking? I hardly go into the sun as I am quite fair ( I am white), burn easily and I always wear Sunblock. Literally the only time I am in the sun is when I drive. Please advise if I should increase my intake of some vitamin ect..
Regards.

Lizzy, it sounds like a superficial fungal infection called tinea versicolor. The best would be to have he diagnosis confirmed and the treatment (Lamisil® spray) prescribed. Good luck.