Question
Posted by: SPOTTY | 2006/10/27

WHITE SPOTS

I HAVE THESE WHITE SPOTS COMING AROUND MY EYBROWS, IN THE CORNER OF MY EYE, UNDER MY ARMPITS AND ALSO AROUND MY TESTICLES - WHAT IS THE REASON FOR IT - DO I LACK SOMESTHING - CAN SOMETHING BE DONE ABOUT IT - WHAT CAN I USE - WILL IT EVER GO AWAY AGAIN?

Expert ImageArchive

If the spots are milky white the diagnosis may be vitiligo. Vitiligo is an inflammatory disorder where the pigment/colouring agent of the skin is destroyed. The condition is not infectious. Vitiligo cannot be cured. Vitiligo can be controlled reasonably the application of cortisone. When lesions are more widespread light treatment is an option. Note well-there are other causes of white spots. The diagnosis must be confirmed by a doctor. I can only make a definite diagnosis when actually looking at the skin.