Posted by: M | 2008/10/13

Good day

I hope that you can help me. I' ve got a question. Why do we get white heads? What are the cause of them and how can it be treated effectively?

I' ve spoken to 3 different people about my problem. One said I must test my cholesterol. The other person said I must exfoliate frequently, seeing that it' s clogged pores. And the third person said my skin is dehydrated.

I really don' t know who to believe. Is there maybe a possibility that stress also concludes to this problem. I' ve got an combination skin, but at the same time are a bit sensitive as well.

I' m using the following of Environ: Sebuwash, AHA toner, AHA day lotion (SPF 15), AHA cream (for the evening), Sebu spot for pimples and C-quence Eye gel. I don' t think I' m using the wrong product, but the other day a lady told me I must get a better moisturizer because my skin is dehydrated. So I went and got a sample of the Superdefense Anti-age prevention from Clinique. It' s very nice. Does the Environ maybe exfoliate too much and remove too much natual oil so then my skin thinks to produce more sebum. I don' t know. Please help. Do you think I' m on the right track? Must I add something else to my regim? What is the best way to get rid of the whiteheads? Please tell me how to prevent them from coming? They really are hard to squeeze and I prefer not to squeeze until they irritate me too much.

Your help is highly appreciated. Looking forward in hearing from you.

Kindest regards,

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi M, thank you for the question.

White heads are a mild form of acne and are typically caused by blocked pores (due to an overproduction of sebum) with a resultant bacterial infection.

The following topical regime (skin care) should be followed:

Do not pick, scratch or traumatize the skin in any way
Do not exfoliate, scrub, or use granular facial washes as this will aggravate the white heads
All topical products should be oil free including moisturizers, SPF, makeup, etc.
Gently wash your face with a glycolic acid or salicylic acid wash twice daily
I would stop the AHA toner and the AHA night cream and instead use the NeoStrata Oil Control Gel (at night) and the Oil Free SPF 15 during the day

To the above regime you should consider starting a twice monthly (for about 2 to 3 months) and then a monthly glycolic acid peel regime until the whiteheads have cleared.
More information on acne and its treatments can be found at my web page: and click the Skin and Acne tab under the Resources heading.

Posted by: ENTICIALA | 2009/08/20

Peace 2all

Our Crew have many years of productions in NYC.

We can assist in all aspect &  stages of your production ( print / film / photo / video etc.. )
Our clients include but not limed to :

Hartford Financial Services
Hewlett Packard
Hilton Group
Hindustan Petroleum
Home Depot
Honda Motor
Honeywell Intl
Hon Hai Precision Industry
Hsbc Holdings
Hutchison Whampoa
Hvb Group
Hyundai Motor
Gaz De France
General Dynamics
General Electric
General Motors
George Weston
Georgia Pacific
Goldman Sachs Group.
Gonciè re Euris
Goodyear Tire &  Rubber
Groupe Auchan
Groupe Caisse Dé pargme
Groupe Danone
Groupe Pinault Print