Question
Posted by: Depressed South African/Londoner | 2004/12/23

White Christmas

Well, I am here in the UK and they are forecasting a small % chance of snow for us on Christmas Day. But that does not necessarily make me happy (although I've been wanting a White Christmas for 25 years now!) as I am away from home, from my loved ones, the braaivleis, the heat. I am so horribly home sick at this moment and just want to go home. To all South Africans currently in SA: Appreciate what you've got, you don't know what you have until you've lost it. I cannot go home now, no job waiting for me and I have to stay here for 2 more years. Enjoy Christmas. I wish I was now back in SA.

Cheer up, DSAL ! As dwergie ways, it can be fun in London, even in midwonter, snow or no snow. I should know, too, having lived there in the 60's and 70's and early 80's. And avoid such negative thinking You haven't "Lost it" --- the sunshine, braaivleis, etc., will still be here when you return, I betcha. And I predict that by the time you get back, you'll be missing many things about London. Enjoy the shops, the theatre shows, good TV, and good people. If you only wanted good weather, you chose the wrong place. But when eventually Spring arrives, you'll find something very special about it. nlike SA when we get sunshine and pretty good weather all year round, when London finalyl DOES get around to giving you great weather and a good Spring day, there's little to beat it --- the contrast with the preceding days of grey gloom, makes it glow all the brighter.

2
Posted by: dwergie | 2004/12/23

it's not that bad. i'm in london 2 and loving it

Reply to dwergie
Posted by: Wonder | 2004/12/23

awwwwww that sweet of you.

Reply to Wonder