Question
Posted by: JC | 2005/12/13

White blotches on skin

Dear Doc
My son, age 15, has white blotches on his face. Is this due to a lack of something or of too much exposure to the sun - he plays cricket, but does use sunblock regularly. He currently puts tissue oil on his face - is there any other lotion or ointment or supplement that he may use for this problem?
thank you\

Dear JC
It could be a fungal infection of the skin. He can wash with Nizshampoo/Selsunshampoo, and put an antifungal cream on fora week. It takes a long time to go away....so he must be patient and be willing to treat it constantly. You call it Pityriasis versicolor

2
Posted by: Tresan | 2005/12/13

Our son was the same between the age of 9 and 14/15. we found that it was due to his eating habits, he at one stage only eat meat and veggies and than than the other way round and this caused white blotches in his face when we got him to eat both at the same time they vanished.

Reply to Tresan
Posted by: GEENA | 2005/12/13

I'M NOT THE DOC BUT I'VE HEARD OF PEOPLE WHO USE SELSUN SHAMPOO ON THE AFFECTED AREAS AND IT WORKS GREAT.

Reply to GEENA