Question
Posted by: anon | 2004/11/13

white blood cells in urine

Dear Doc,
I am currently at a loose end, last Christmas I suffered from a severe uti which developed into septicemia and I was admitted to hospital. Ever since I have suffered reccurent infections and tried all the antibiotics which do not get rid of the presence of leukocytes in my urine. I lost my baby in the summer at 12weeks and am now wondering if there could be somthing else that is the cause of white blood cells in my urine. At the minute there is only a trace of protein and no nitrate or blood showing in the urinalysis. As well as that the lab tests come back clear. I have pain in my back and stomach, extreme fatige, vaginal discharge, light heads, nausea and urinate frequently. Have you any idea what could be the problem as it's starting to effect my everyday life and my doctor has not said what it may be.

Anon, the best would be to see an urologist and have him find the cause as it might be something strange like TB of the kidneys. Having pus in your urine is not normal and the sooner you do something about it, the better. Good luck.