Question
Posted by: Yolanda | 2004/10/12

WHICH SODIUM CAUSES KIDNEY STONES

I would like to know which kind of Sodium causes Kidney Stones? I found the following kinds of Sodium in different kind of foods:
Sodium Nitrate in Bacon, Sodium Phosphate in Marshmallows, Sodium Benzoate in Mayo, and last mentioned toghether with Sodium Cyclamate and Sodium Saccharine in Colddrinks. I believe that Banana's also have Sodium in. I see Cheese Spread as well as packets Patato Chips. Are all these to be avoided?

Please let me know.

Yolanda, sodium chloride (salt) excess may lead to dehydration and this may precipitate a kidney stone. I doubt that sodium on its own will cause a kidney stone. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Healthcare | 2004/10/13

Kidney stones are usually associated with calcium (oxalate) and not sodium

Reply to Healthcare