Posted by: Desperate | 2008/11/20

Which one??

Dear Cybershrink,
I have been suffering from depression as well as anxiety for the past 3 years. I have been to see a pshycologist on numerous occasions and am on Cilift 20mg, Stresam and Xanor. My depression and anxiety has started again due to my husband starting his own business and my in laws which interfere all the time. I feel as if my visits to the pshycologist are not helping and would like to know if it wouldnt be better to see a pshyciatrist.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

If the person you saw prescribed meds, then this was a psychiatrist, not a psychologist, who can't prescribe. Unless the psychologist talked with you and a GP wrote the prescriptions. In which cse it wouldindeed be better to see a psychiatrist for a re-assessment and a review of the medication. COgnitive-Behaviour Therapy ( CBT ) can be very effective in the sort of situation you are describing.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Desperate | 2008/11/20

If possible, please could you assist me with some psychiatrists names and no. in the Durban and Pietermaritzburg area (KZN)

Reply to Desperate

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.