Question
Posted by: CONFUSED | 2004/11/18

Which abortion to have?

I need some advise from the ladies. I am planning of having an abortion due to very ugly circumstances. I just want to know which is the best. The surgical procedure where it is pumped out or the medical procedure where I take tablets and it is like having a misscarriage? I don't want to bleed for days and days and I am not into the whole pain thing. Please could you advise?

It really depends on your individual circumstances - how far pregnant you are, how many pregnancies you have had before, etc. The doctor will advise you on the options for you.

Best wsihes

6
Posted by: Hilary | 2004/11/18

How you have the abortion depends on how far along in the pregnancy you are. If you are more than 12 weeks pregnant, you will be forced to have an induced labour. And this could last 12 hours or more, and be very painful, believe me. I have been there.

Reply to Hilary
Posted by: Fudge | 2004/11/18

For all of us trying so desperately to conceive it is very sad to hear about your decision to have an abortion. However - I do not know your circumstances and will not judge.
please go for counseling before the abortion so that you can be sure that you understand the decision that you are going to make. It might also help you overcome some of your fears in this aspect.

Reply to Fudge
Posted by: PMS | 2004/11/18

Hi Confuse,
Can you not do the arbotion and give me the baby? Hubby and I have been trying for 8 years with no success. Please consider my request.

Reply to PMS
Posted by: Jackie | 2004/11/18

Hi Confused

This must be a very stress period for you right now. I hope you manage to find strenght through this. You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but why are you opting for an abortion? Is keeping the baby an absolute no-no right now? Whatever the case, good luck with your final decision.

Reply to Jackie
Posted by: Marge | 2004/11/18

You are going to bleed does not matter which route you take. Its not a nice thing you have to do and very hard to do I know I have been there. I went the medical route so that you know at a later stage you can hopefully have children when the time is right in your life.

I know lots of women are going to be mad at you for going for an abortion but sometimes its better to not bring a child into the world where its going to be mistreated.
Good Luck

Reply to Marge
Posted by: Starla | 2004/11/18

Hi Confused,

This is a decision that really needs to be thought out, you will carry it with you for a very long time possibly for the rest of your life. It will be painfull both physically and emotionally. I had one (surgical) a year and a half ago, and I still think about it and my body has only recovered recently. I bled quite heavily for 5-6 weeks and had irregular periods for a couple of months. Please - think this through very very carefully. If I could go back in time, I would not have done it. Good luck and God Bless.

Reply to Starla