Question
Posted by: Sally | 2007/12/12

WHERE TO LEAVE YOUR LOVING DOGGY!?

We are planning our December holiday and I have no where to go with my beloved/spoiled doggy.
The only person that can take care of her during that time is a close family member, but my doggy will be sleeping outside and will be teased by the children. She might even get a smack or two. Will this traumatise my dog. Do you thing it is a good idea to totally place my doggy in a place where she’ll get the opposite treatement from somebody else as what she is used to!?

If the dog will be abused where it will be left it is unfair and ill advised to do so. There are dog sitters about who will come and stay in your home and care for your pets and your home. Your vet or vet shop may have a list of such helpful people.

2
Posted by: Sue | 2009/04/17

Mia is a crossed Jack Russel now 7 monhs old. She is very happy and playful and a real pleasure. Yesterday she started vomiting (once only). She ate a lot of grass afterwards and the grass also came out. She slept a lot and I think she had a temperature. I monitored here throughout the night, but she was calm all the time.
This morning she was playful and herself, but refuses to eat.
She runs away from the food and won' t even have a biscuit.
She drank only water the whole day.
Must I be concerned and take her to a vet, or will she start eating when she' s ready?

Reply to Sue
Posted by: Melbalina | 2007/12/12

Hi Sally - is your doggy unable to go with you on holiday? We are also going away but have made provisions that our kitty can come with us. If not, the next best plan is to eliminate stress for her as much as possible. Is there perhaps someone who can look after her at your place, perhaps? Then at least she is still in her environment. If not, there are many pet sitters you can contact with references. I wouldn't put her in an environment where she might be teased as she will see this as a form of punishment. How long are you going away for?

Reply to Melbalina