Question
Posted by: lal | 2004/03/12

where to go from here?

Where do I go to find out what liposuction would cost me? I'm really desperate and want to know how long I need to save to go for that. Also, would one's medical aid cover some of the costs - for eq. if I get back pain because my breasts are too heavy/big?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Lal,

You need to go about this professionally. Please go and see a plastic surgeon. The cost of the consultation is worth it, considering the amount of information that you will obtain. Because each patient offers unique opportunities and challenges, quotations can differ considerably between patients. Furthermore, your plastic surgeon will be able to tell you whether you are a suitable candidate at all, and whether there is any functional reasons for surgery, which might let the medical aid cover part of the costs.

For one or other reason, patients want information without going for a consultation. However, this is your body and your life you are talking about - surely you should get professional advice - even if it costs money?