Question
Posted by: lanie | 2007/05/03

Where to find help with no money??

My sister has been in several drug rehab programs. The cost of these programs are very high and my father has nothing left to help her to get back into society (as they say). She has been clean for about 3 years but totally withdrew from the world. She does not accept any responsibility for her life or her behaviour and cannot (or will not) work. She stays with my parents and there is just no money to send her for psychiatric treatment. She refuses to go to the local clinic and makes life absolute hell for my parents. What are we supposed to do to help her????

Sad that after all that money the programs left her without finishing treatment properly --- sounds as though she may well be depressed. She could be seen at her nearest medical school or large state / p[rovincial hospital where they must provide some psychiatric services for a re-assessment and advice on treatment. She has no right to make life hell for your parents, and I doubt there's any good reason for her to refuse to go to the local clinic