Posted by: elly | 2008/08/01

where is the expert-41 and need advise

where is the expert that are suppose to answer the questions. I always see the questions, but never answers from the expert.
Or is this a self help service.
I sent a email weeks ago and still no answer from the expert.
I will ask again. I am 41 had several infertility treatments without any succes. was pregnant then miscarriage. My husband and i want to try for the last time. I' m i to old or can we try again.
hope i can get an answer this time

Dear Elly

As regards to age, there is still a fair chance of conception provided that there is sufficient ovarian reserve as established by blood tests as well as ultrasound scanning. I would suggest you continue trying, more particularly with in vitro fertilization and as an added treatment, laser assisted hatching of the embryo should be considered.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

Posted by: Mandy | 2008/08/05

My personal opinion is that 41 is definitely not too late. I had my son at 37 and we are trying for a 2nd. A friend of mine got married at 42 and they had triplets at 45 and they are all healthy. I found a website which this reply wont let me give out, but its a website about woman in the states who have a lot of kids at various ages up to 48.To be honest, I think this is one thing that us people doesnt have a lot of control over. We can do the necessary from our side, but in the end our Creator is the one in control. Do yourself a favour and read psalm 139. Elly, I pray that you will fall pregnant very soon.

Reply to Mandy