Posted by: WWW | 2004/01/07

Where do i go???

I am currently 6 weeks pregnant and hiv +.I would like to find out whether i should go to a gynae or to an hiv expert.I would like to start medication a month before i give birth and i am well aware of the precautions that i have to take to prevent transmission to my baby.I just need to know which is the best place for me to go.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

You should go to a gynaecologist to look after your pregnancy. If you can afford, it HAART therapy from early on in the pregnancy would be the best option, otherwise AZT from 34 weeks.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: www | 2004/01/08

Hi there - we seem to share the same "name" he-he-he.
A very good friend of mine has just gone through her pregnancy being HIV+. Apparently her gynae was very good and knew what he/she was doing. Mom and baby are doing very well and baby is not infected.
Good luck

Reply to www

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.