Question
Posted by: WWW | 2004/01/07

Where do i go???

I am currently 6 weeks pregnant and hiv +.I would like to find out whether i should go to a gynae or to an hiv expert.I would like to start medication a month before i give birth and i am well aware of the precautions that i have to take to prevent transmission to my baby.I just need to know which is the best place for me to go.
Thanks.

You should go to a gynaecologist to look after your pregnancy. If you can afford, it HAART therapy from early on in the pregnancy would be the best option, otherwise AZT from 34 weeks.

1
Posted by: www | 2004/01/08

Hi there - we seem to share the same "name" he-he-he.
A very good friend of mine has just gone through her pregnancy being HIV+. Apparently her gynae was very good and knew what he/she was doing. Mom and baby are doing very well and baby is not infected.

Reply to www