Question
Posted by: TT | 2004/01/07

where do i go??

I am hiv + and pregnant.I am rather frightened to have this baby knowing that there is a risk but something inside me tells me that i should have this baby or i will never have a child.I need to find out if i should go to a gynae or an hiv expert or is there anyone who knows of both coz i have to be monitored for medication and my unborn-baby also has to be checked so i don't know exactly where to go.Please help me out with suggestions or recommendations.Thanks.

Expert ImageHIV Peer Forum

Go to your doctor and talk to him about this. He should know where to refer you to. Your condition can be correctly treated by somone that knows how to do it.

2
Posted by: TTT | 2004/01/07

Thanks Inc.I will get hold of my GP and find out who she can recommend.

Reply to TTT
Posted by: Inc | 2004/01/07

Ask your GP to refer you to a Gynae who has experience with HIV+ pregnant women. Don't panic... do what they tell you... if all goes well, you will be able to have a healthy baby!

Reply to Inc