Posted by: TT | 2004/01/07

where do i go??

I am hiv + and pregnant.I am rather frightened to have this baby knowing that there is a risk but something inside me tells me that i should have this baby or i will never have a child.I need to find out if i should go to a gynae or an hiv expert or is there anyone who knows of both coz i have to be monitored for medication and my unborn-baby also has to be checked so i don't know exactly where to go.Please help me out with suggestions or recommendations.Thanks.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageHIV Peer Forum

Go to your doctor and talk to him about this. He should know where to refer you to. Your condition can be correctly treated by somone that knows how to do it.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: TTT | 2004/01/07

Thanks Inc.I will get hold of my GP and find out who she can recommend.

Reply to TTT
Posted by: Inc | 2004/01/07

Ask your GP to refer you to a Gynae who has experience with HIV+ pregnant women. Don't panic... do what they tell you... if all goes well, you will be able to have a healthy baby!

Reply to Inc

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.