Question
Posted by: Debs | 2004/12/08

Where can I get Personal Trainer

The gym I belong to have no female personal trainers. (Virgin Active) I need someone to plan a training schedule and monitor my progress etc. I am in the Cape Town N! City gym. Can one hire a trainer who can go with me to the gym even is she does not work there.

HI Debs

I think that you can only hire a trainer if that person is a member of the gym. In otherwords, they don't have to work there specifically, but they do need to be a member - I can't see them allowing someone to accompany you to your training sessions if they are not also a member - that's like trying to take a family member in for free.

As for finding a personal training, I'm not actually sure of how you would go about finding a female personal trainer. I guess that the yellow pages may be an option, because there is no internet database as yet where you can find information like this.