Question
Posted by: Mabee | 2005/01/06

WHERE CAN I BUY DISCIPLINE

I have been trying to lose weight since I was 18 but to no avail. Now I'm 28 and fatter than ever. My biggest problem is discipline, I promise you if I could buy it I would. I have so much knowledge on what to eat, how much, when etc. I find that I don't really have a large appetite, I get full pretty quickly but I just continue eating. I'm 1.7m tall and I weigh 97kgs, my BMI is 34 putting me in the obese group. There is diabetes in my family and the doctors have advised me that being fat will only increase my chances of diabetes. I have tested now though and I'm clean, but I'm worried. Most people tell me that I don't look fat because I'm tall, but thats not the point. What am I going to do. This year I'll join the gym because I've failed to do taeboo by myself at home. I can honestly say I'm not different to a drug addict because I'm so addicted to food. Any ideas? I've gone past being desperate.

Dear Mabee
Because you have problems with discipline and need to lose a lot of weight I would like to suggest that you try obtaining Xenical. If you see the dr you can also ask him, her about Xenical, which is a real fat-trapper that prevents you from absorbing fat from what you eat. Xenical is, however expensive so it would help if your dr could motivate for this medication to be paid for by your medical aid. You would use the Xenical with a very-low-fat-diet and this will help you to start losing. So see if you can get Xenical prescribed for your condition. The I would like to refer you to Innertalk (send an e-mail to mands@innertalk.co.za) and ask her about the Innertalk motivational tapes which will motivate you to stick to your diet and exercise. That exercise you will be doing will also help a great deal. Be strict with yourself - all journey, no matter how long, start with the first step.
Holding thumbs that 2005 is the year when you start doing something for yourself and get to grips with tht weight.

1
Posted by: Kay | 2005/01/10

You could also try Reductil. It also has to be prescribed by your doctor though and is quite expensive (about R630 for a month) but results can definitely be achived by using it.

Reply to Kay