Question
Posted by: Dispondent | 2004/10/25

WHERE ARE THE RESULTS???

A gym instructor and the diet doc have advised me to avoid loosing anymore body fat.Even if I wasn't trying, nothing happens despite all my excercising and dieting.Do you think my programme will promote some toning? I am 21, weigh 55 and I am 1.76m tall. I eat very sensibly and excercise 5 x a week, please advise where I could be going wrong.
Mondays - 20min on the bike (HI) and weight training for my lower body
Tuesdays - 40 lengths in the gym pool.
Wednesday - 10min X-trainer, 10min treadmill & weight training for my upper body
Thursday - Walk at a brisk pace for about 45 minutes (run a bit)
Friday - 40 lengths in the gym pool.
What could I be doing wrong to see no results whatsoever. Do you think swimming is a good excercise to do?

Many thanks for all your help

Hi Dispondent

I would certainly agree with both Diet Doc and the instructor, because you are very light, in fact you are underweight. I also think therefore that you can continue training, but you need to change the focus of the training to tone and improve fitness, rather than weight loss. HOwever, I think that diet is as important, and while I could not find your question on the site, I know what Diet doc would be saying. Firstly, and I've said it already, you are seriously in danger of slipping into serious problems being underweight, and I think that diet is a very important in this regard. It's really hard to pinpoint exactly what you can change, because I know nothing of your diet.

As for exercise, you are not training excessively so that is a good thing, and I would suggest that you continue with it. For toning, the only thing you would add is extra weight training, on the resistance machines in the gym. What I would suggest is that you check out the following website:

http://www.health24.com/fitness/Getting_started/16-474-488,24069.asp

Here you will see a number of options for training programmes. My advice would be to choose the Shape up for Summer programme (the first or second one) and then use this programme to get ideas for resistance training. I think that if you follow the general principles of this training programme, you will find ways to tone.

FInally, you said there was a lot of dieting, and I really urge you not to go back to this - you don't need diet and into the future, you must just continue to eat a healthy diet (don't undereat) and exercise regularly, but not excessively.

1
Posted by: Q | 2004/10/26

You are starving your mussels, stop dieeting and start stocking up on protieen, your mussels will start to grow and you will most prob start picking up weight just remember it will be mussel weight and the results will be extrodenary

Reply to Q