Question
Posted by: Ndoda | 2005/12/06

Where are the jobs?

I have just finished my Degree on which I was on contract when I was doing it under student assistanship program offered by my University. They offered me a good salary for a student, I am not that young as this was a third degree and have never worked before.
Now the problem is that my contract is expiring at the end of December because I have finished, I have been applying for every post I see and the website. In all of them I have been called for interviews only twice. I am very worried that after such a hard earned qualifications I will be jobless.

Can anyone tell me where do the Chemist(Chemistry) go. I don't want to be an academic. Anyway I can take that if I can't find an offer. I wish I had done Medicine because they get jobs even before they leave school.

Can anyone refer me to better agents that spacializise in Chemistry post not Laboratory solutions. Or can anyone offer me a job in his or her company. You wont regret I a hard worker by nature

Surely your own teachrs and profs ought to know about the job market for their graduates ? I am also puzzled, if this is your third degree, what the others were, as the combination might make you more suitasble for some jobs ; or on the other hand might make some prospective employers fear that you were taking extra degrees to avoid taking a job

2
Posted by: Liza | 2005/12/06

Getting a job without experience is ALWAYS hard. Seems like they always expect you to have 2 years experience right after you've graduated.

Something that I don't understand - you say that you have 3 degrees and yet you do not state exactly what degrees you have? Its almost impossible to advise you on what to do without the necessary information. Where you studied, and where you're living now will also help.

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Hey | 2005/12/06

How did you get past Matric?

Reply to Hey