Question
Posted by: Shazz | 2008/05/22

Where are people's manners?

Doc

Yesterday I complained about my teacup (camel breath etc), because it got to me that someone could be so forward as to embarass someone in public by washing their tea cup for them.

Today, this other woman walks up to me and asks me "why is your hair so coarse"? She herself has got a full beard that, now that she's married, doesn't bother to get waxed anymore.

How does one respond to insults without getting aggro. I just ignore them, but I'm finding it more and more difficult.

Why do people feel these days they have the right to have bad manners. What has happened to remembering that we all live in glass houses et al.....

I know where this will lead - I will have a very philosophical discussion with these witches come the next year-end party, then I'll give them enough to b!itch and critisize about.

How come only a few people are left who will actually think about what they say to others before actually saying it????

I have still not forgotten She who licks the loins of rancid camels. As for the coarse woman who asked about her hair, I wonder how she would have responded if you'd asked about her beard ? generally, they take their OWN felings terribly seriously, while being uncaring about others. Usually, I would respond to someone like that by saying " Why are your manners so coarse ?"

2
Posted by: Britty | 2008/05/22

I know how you feel and yes the correct response is none at all. However sometimes I reckon you need to be as rude as you like back. Once a colleague picked up a lock of my hair and told me it was too long. Unknown to her my husband and I were extremely poor having just bought our first (and only) home together. However although my hair style was not up to date I always made sure my hair was clean and neat. I was so annoyed at her that I told her that it was more acceptable for women to grow long hair on their heads than on their legs like she had!! She walked away and didn't bother me again. Sometimes you can let it go but sometimes you have to say something as no-one has the right to be rude to you. - go for it as from your comment about the camel breath I can tell you will get your point across. Good luck.

Reply to Britty
Posted by: almost mad | 2008/05/22

i had insensitive relatives saying things to me from the time i was like 5. it let to a couple of nervous breakdowns and serious eating disorders.

Reply to almost mad