Question
Posted by: injured | 2003/03/06

when will I be able to exercise again

Hi, I injured my leg in October 2002. I went for an MRI scan which showed that I tore the Patellar tendon. do you have any idea as to how long it will take to heal. I will be seeing a biokineticist for some strengthening exercises to encourage the tendon to grow back properly. I am glad that after seeing several physicians I finally got a proper diagnosis but now I am eager to get better and back into my exercise routine, but a much milder one than before.

Yes, well done on your course of action. Your doctor would be best equipped to tell you how long it will take - what I can suggest is that you take it slowly. Work closely with the Biokineticist who should be able to conduct some tests to monitor the progress. He/she should give you a comprehensive programme and some exercises that will prevent you from losing too much fitness.

Good luck.